What do you have that you would share at some point if we just gave you a call or email ahead of time? Here's an incomplete list of possibilities.
• Time! Help out with our Easy Giving opportunities, set up and tear down events, staff event tables, assist chefs and our teachers, provide other assistance during events, help our committees do their work (be our occasional arms and legs.) Pass out flyers, Post on social media. Make a call to a company you know or work for and ask them to meet with us to discuss a potential partnership/sponsorship.
We will need all this and more... frequently.
• Talent! Can you design a poster or invitation, fix a fence, put up a banner, caulk some siding, repair a planter box? Build a planter box? Install deer netting? We need you and your talents for this and more!
• Strength! Some of our events are going to take power: lifting, loading, installation.
• A van, truck, trailer, or other vehicle for picking up equip-ment and supplies for events.
• Heavy yard tools like a chainsaw and other equipment to help us keep the gardens beautiful and healthy.
Teach One, Take One
Our unique Teach a Class/Take a Class program lets you show off your skills and passions while gaining credits to pay for other classes we offer. This program is ideal for:
If you know how to do it, we want others to learn from you!
Until the Nature Center is finished, we will offer classes in the Orchard, Meadow and down by the creek. These are just a few of the possibilities and the list is endless:
• Nature: birdwatching, tree and plant identification, mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles & insects, composting and conservation
• Health and movement such as using herbs, personal massage, relaxation techniques, stretching and strengthening, ways food can help or harm, tai chi and yoga in the meadow.
• Art and photography in the gardens and by the creek: photo techniques, plein aire in many media.
• Musical instruments like acoustic guitar and woodwinds (we can't be too loud out of respect for our neighbors.)
• Gardening in all its many forms: growing from seed, transplanting, using a greenhouse, caring for an orchard, creating a living plant wall, growing food you can eat, pruning and basic planting techniques. You can even use our greenhouse.
• Sciences such as astronomy (laser stargazing anyone?) geology, weather, earthquakes, ice/snow, fire and heat.
• Outdoor cooking BBQ techniques, apple-pie making for our Fall event, when to pick fruits and veggies for your dinner plate.
• Getting out in nature Beginner's classes in backpacking, camping, birdwatching, kayaking and more.
• Crafts using natural materials—from jewelry to wind chimes to seasonal decorations.
• Woodworking Build a bird house, refinish a table, what else?
• Little kid's activities such as our Story Tree in the picnic area, outdoor play, exploring insects and other animals, hands-on "experimental" science, movement classes and more!
You get the idea...
now give us yours!
Or, tell us what classes you would like to take and we'll try to find a teacher.
Join Our Committees
• Fundraising: This Committee develops the funding to build our Nature Center and Park by contacting all the wonderful companies in the
San Ramon Valley so they will partner with us.
• Publicity: Press releases and advertising our events, osting, posting and more posting. We especially need social media help!
• Events & Activities: This Committee has laid out our four 2020 events in the meadow and is planning activities in local restaurants while we build the Nature Center. They will need lots of help!
• Member & Donor Services: This Committee helps with material development, ideas for advertising, staffing tables at our events and activities out in the Community, keeping our members and donors happy.
• Little Kids' Programming: This Committee plans activities and finds teachers so we can help people under age 7 learn about nature, animals and just plain have fun outdoors.
• Programming for 8-108 year olds: This Committee finds teachers and plans classes in our Orchard and Meadow for everyone except the little kids.
Let us know if you are interested in any of these and we'll contact you we they start up.
Nature Center Administration • Volunteers
• Demonstration Garden • Food Lab • Rental Programs • Nature Park Rangers
Please introduce yourself...
Help and we
make your time
Join a Committee and help make all our dreams come true. See
below for Committees that are active now and ones that are coming.
Teach a Class while we are building the Nature Center. We hope to have classes for little kids and everyone else over 8 in our Orchard
and meadow. Check out possible subjects below or propose some!
Help with Events Even if you can just spare a few hours helping to
set up or manage an event, we will welcome you—teens included!
Help with Resources We will need the occasional use of a pickup truck, tables and chairs, sun canopies, brute strength—see below.
Email info@SanRamonNaturePark.org Phone 925 | 945. 6182 Mailing address 9505 Velvet Leaf Circle, San Ramon CA 94582